Hot-Swaping Problem

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
Raton
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have three dead mobos "1) SOYO sy-6ba+III, 2)M537 3)M530", I :cry: damage "2" and "3" when tries to repair "1", which I did was to try to do hot-swaping in 2 with bioschip of 1, because awardflas 8.22b said "part number mismacht" i try with uniflash without obtaining no result good, not if the 1 what has bad is the bios but if that 2 and 3 were good, which I believe that passage with 2 and 3 was that when bioschip of the 2 deals with flash with the bios of the 1 this damage and also the one of the 3, later manages to take the 3 using one third card with uniflash but later dead again, I have done other times hos-swap with satisfactory results but single in similar cards, now ask I, :?:
1) When turn on one mobo with bios of different mobo, this can damage mobo?
2) Exist ani awardflash that really leaves to flash the bios although the models of bios do not coinidan?
3) What is exacttl "Boot Block"
4) Which I can make to leave this I coil?
I have already tried several times to program the bios of mobos 1, 2 and 3, with one m571 but no longer I have obtained good results, really not much ingles, if some of "moderating" you know spanish serious very util for my, ahh forgot ajz page is dead? , right now does not enter. Thanks for au help
El Raton Valencia-Venezuela --Chavez Outside--
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Raton wrote: 1) When turn on one mobo with bios of different mobo, this can damage mobo?
I don't think so.
2) Exist ani awardflash that really leaves to flash the bios although the models of bios do not coinidan?
Better to use
Uniflash.
3) What is exacttl "Boot Block"
Boot block is a piece of code in the BIOS which checks the BIOS integrity and knows how to intialise the chipset and decompress the rest of the BIOS into RAM. If you borrow a BIOS chip from one type of machine to put into another, you will usually need to flash including bootblock. Also, if you have a bootblock mismatch message but you know that you have the correct message, then flash including bootblock. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS "Flash anyway ?(Y/N) - Y".
4) Which I can make to leave this I coil?
I would try again using Uniflash, go to "advanced" menu and flash including bootblock. Make sure you have the correct voltage on the motherboard for the chip (12v for 28Fxxx, 5v for 29Fxxx).
I have already tried several times to program the bios of mobos 1, 2 and 3, with one m571 but no longer I have obtained good results
Are you sure you have the correct BIOS ?
really not much ingles, if some of "moderating" you know spanish serious very util for my, ahh forgot ajz page is dead? , right now does not enter. Thanks for au help
El Raton Valencia-Venezuela --Chavez Outside--
I think I understand what you are saying OK. ajz may be along soon...
Raton

Thaks for all Nicks,

I would try again using Uniflash, go to "advanced" menu and flash including bootblock. Make sure you have the correct voltage on the motherboard for the chip (12v for 28Fxxx, 5v for 29Fxxx).
Quote:
i`ll make sure use correct voltage, now, when i flash a bios by hot-swap and use advanced options incluiding bootblock, this bootblock that i will put in the badbioschip become from bioscode that i`m use or from the bootblock of the bios that was prechange in the ram?

"Better to use Uniflash."
Quote:
I`ll try again whit the uniflash but i dont understand why that program sometimes says flash "succerfull" on green, but when put the bios in the another mobo this does not turn on, for that reason i ask if exist awflash that allowed to flash the bios me without concerning the difference of mobos, i`m sure that i use the correct bioscode but i`ll download those
again.. Thanks for your help.. El Raton.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Raton wrote:when i flash a bios by hot-swap and use advanced options incluiding bootblock, this bootblock that i will put in the badbioschip become from bioscode that i`m use or from the bootblock of the bios that was prechange in the ram?
When you flash including bootblock, the bootblock will come from the BIOS file.
I`ll try again whit the uniflash but i dont understand why that program sometimes says flash "succerfull" on green, but when put the bios in the another mobo this does not turn on, for that reason i ask if exist awflash that allowed to flash the bios me without concerning the difference of mobos
If Uniflash says it was sucessful but the BIOS does not work, most likely either you had the wrong BIOS file or there is another problem; maybe you did not clear the CMOS.
The Award flasher will compare the code in the BIOS ROM with the code in the BIOS file and complain if the BIOS ID is different. It can be possible to flash using the Award flasher on a different mobo without an error message, if the the BIOS ID in the file and the ROM are the same.
Raton

I repair m530 with one similar mobo using uniflash, and when use that mobo to reprogram the bios of m537 including boot block, uniflash work perfect, but when I place bioschip in m537 does not give video and they sound 1 beep long 2 short and Repeating (Endless loop), I see that’s beeps means problems in the ram and/or video, and I have try with 3 biosfiles different "537DMA_19980430S_AWD.bin, 5370430s.bin and 0430S.bin" and with another video card and memory simm and dimm good too, but the mobo always do the same thing. What can I do? Thanks for all Oswaldo Hidalgo. "Raton"
soupy
Absentee administrator

Note that the M537 is NOT the same board as the M537+DMA33.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Raton

yes i know thanks, i have m537+dma33, and i´m use the bioscode for that moob.