Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New visitors - please read the rules.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:54 am
- Location: Philippines
actually the latest bios binary file is already in my system that i download and i flashed a couple of months ago. My problem is only 33GB of HD capacity has just detected by my system out of 40GB(Seagate). I'm sure soyo doesn't support for any bios update for this board anymore. anybody could help. TY.
I suggest there's another reason you can't see more than 33 GB. The BIOS already appears to be OK.BIOS ID string: 07/11/2000-i440BX-ITE867-2A69KS2IC-00
BIOS OEM string: 6BA+_2DA2
INT13h Extensions...Present: new-style
=> BIOS already supports HDDs over 32GB!
Searching for SETUP size calculation routine...is already OK
BIOS already supports HDDs over 32GB & 64GB - Nothing to do!
- You didn't use any Disk Manager type utility previously, did you ?
- Checked the 32GB limit jumper?
- Checked the disk type (Normal/Large/LBA)?
- Trying to use a single partition >32 GB with FAT32 when you need an NTFS operating system ?