See if you Know what the Prob is with this HDD???

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
KnightNemesis
New visitors - please read the rules.

I Have an issue with My PC accepting My SATA2 Drives
I Have 2 WD5000-AAKS 500GB Drives When I Installed My OS to both of them they constantly Crash Or they cause my PC to force a restart then sometimes they cause a BSOD (Blue Screen) and a Virtual Memory core dump So I thought maybe the drives were defective I bought a New WD7500-AAKS 750GB drive and low and behold the exact same issues I Installed Windows XP pro SP1 No issues I go to install SP2 from the Microsoft SP2 CD they sent me and it says "Cannot continue File May be Corrupted" its a MSFT CDROM How is it corrupted? I finally get that installed and SP3 Does the same thing Non of my Antivirus or Firewalls will operate they sut down or crash Internet Explorer Crashes constantly whats wrong here???

My PC Specs:
ECS RC410-M LGA 775/ 2GB PC4200 533 DDR2 Mem/ 2 WD500GB drives 1 WD750GB Drive (Not In a RAID Array) / Intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz 800 FSB CPU
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Did you try an other CD/DVD reader? Sounds like yours is not entirely healthy...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
KnightNemesis
New visitors - please read the rules.

I first tried the CDRW/DVD Rom then went to my external DVD RW+- Drive and got the same results will try again and see