Search found 11 matches

by herkulese
Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:07 pm
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: I want to update the BIOS on my PC-Chips M729 and need info.
Replies: 5
Views: 5244

ajzchips

Thanks for the confirmation.

And BTW, thank you all for unlocking this thread. I sincerely appreciate it

Herkulese
by herkulese
Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:37 pm
Forum: Site suggestions
Topic: This is not a suggestion, but rather a question.
Replies: 3
Views: 9496

Thank you for unlocking the thread that I referenced above. This shows that you all are fair and willing to consider your posters point of view. I will continue to frequent this forum as I have needs in this area.

Thank you again,
Herkulese
by herkulese
Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:33 pm

Ajzchips I can not find ver 6.34 of the AMIFLASH anywhere. I tried out the BIOS upgrade with AMIFlASH ver 8.14, but ran into an issue, and I am not sure if it is a problem or not. The program began to run and then listed "error 9 - The Bios Tag is incorrect" . The lines of info that the screen displ...
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:40 pm
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: PC-Chips MoBo: How do I determine which Model No.
Replies: 6
Views: 4417

azchips,

Thank you for the clarification.
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:38 pm

ajzchips, Thank you for your comments, and for realy thinking through what I was communicating. Please do not think that I am overly upset about this, and yes I do understand the multiple thread phobia. I have, in the past, been guilty of it myself. My concern was to understand the moderators thinki...
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:27 pm

This is not a suggestion, but rather a question.

I posted a question on how to determine what motherboard I have under the "What is my Motherboard" area of your forum. Then, after I determined which board I have, I posted a question about the same board regarding the proper BIOS and Flash Utility for the board under the "Bios Utilities and Flash P...
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:33 pm

What problem are you trying to fix I have a Celeron 366 that has been running happily at 100fsb (550mhz) on an ABIT BH-6 mobo for well over a year. I am trying to run it on this board, and at 66FSB, the BIOS recognizes it correctly as running at 366mhz, but at 100mhz FSB, the BIOS recognizes it as ...
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm

I want to update the BIOS on my PC-Chips M729 and need info.

I want to update the BIOS on a PC-Chips M729 mobo, but am concirned about using the (990224s.rom) upgrade from there site.

Does anyone have any recommendations on ghe best way to go about upgrading the BIOS on this Board:
1) Which BIOS to use
2) Which Flasher to use
3) Special instructions
by herkulese
Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:05 pm

Denniss, thanks for the link. The lottery brought up the M726 and M729, and this board is clearly not am M726. I was also able to verify the BIOS string for this board, at Plasma Online, as an M729. This has to be an M729 Now, PC-Chips has a BIOS upgrade for this board listed on there site (990224s....
by herkulese
Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:10 pm

PC-Chips MoBo: How do I determine which Model No.

I am working on a PC for a friend and would like to update the BIOS. In order to find a newer BIOS, I need to determine the model number of this MoBo. It is a PC-Chips MoBo as follows: Form Factor: Baby AT CPU Style: Slot-1 Chip Set: ALI Aladdin Pro II (M1621) FSB Support: 66mhz / 100mhz Card Slots:...