I hope this is the right forum to post this:
I've got an old notebook, to be more precise: AcerNote Light 370BX, which is identical to a Maxdata Artist Cambridge (as I was able to find out). The specs are there:
32 MB RAM (has been upgraded 2 years ago)
2 GB HD (has been upgraded 2 years ago)
Bios rev. 2.0 (Award)
Mainboard: Obviously a Protech, but I don't know yet which one
Now my questions:
- does anyone know if there is a new BIOS for this Notebook and yes, then where I can get it?
- Maxdata doesn't have any support for this notebook anymore
- On the Acer-Website the recent BIOS is v 2.0
- I tried to acces the proview Bios-Page but I can't log in.
- can I upgrade the processor w/o damaging the mainboard? I still have a p1 233 mmx laying around somewhere and it looks like it would fit.
if anyone has an idea - let me know! thanks a lot!