Aspire 3680 and "Advanced" BIOS options

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Gullible Jones
New visitors - please read the rules.

My Aspire 3680's BIOS is by default very limited, much to my consternation - this has been, among other things, causing problems with FreeBSD and ACPI. When I asked Acer tech support about how to unlock the advanced BIOS options, they said that there weren't any - what I saw was what I got.

However, I recently was able to open up the Aspire 3680 European BIOS revision 3508 - the most recent, and the one I'm currently using - in the Phoenix BIOS Editor, and discovered that there is indeed a (hidden) "Advanced" tab, with all kinds of options that I would find useful.

Does anyone here know what key combination unlocks the Advanced tab on Aspire series laptops? I tried Alt-F4, which I'd heard works on some, but all I got was the "Please wait" message in the BIOS splash screen followed by a normal boot from the hard drive.

And if there is no working key combination - how could I unlock the option using the Phoenix BIOS Editor?

(If anyone wants to take a look at the BIOS in the Editor or similar software, I'll post a link to the 3508 BIOS revision...)