BDDVD drive recognition problem on notebook ?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Riddler100
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there I have recent bought a Vaio VGN-FW11E and also bought a Panasonic UJ-210 BD drive. The BD drive does not come with this this laptop as standard but the VGN-fW11S (next model up) does with the model UJ-220 BD drive. Thinking it would be straight swap guess what fat chance.
When I changed the driver hardware did not show up in device manger. Even though VGN-FW11s has the same processor,graphics chip the only difference 50 GB of hard drive & 1GB of ram.
The thing is when I swapped the drives in my older Viao VGN- FS315S no problems apart from the graphics chip not rendering but recognises the hardware though. So what next is a hardware problem or a driver bios problem because the drive does not even boot up os software.
I would be very grateful if someone give me some guidedence and tell me what it is. :?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Hold it, hold it.

I'm getting confused here. Is that new drive recognized in any of the systems to a point where you can boot from it? Did you change the boot order back to CD/DVD drive first? My experience is once you change a device with a different type it will be dropped from the boot order in the bios. Is a special device driver required for the OS you're using anyway?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Riddler100

Thanks for the reply. My problem seems to be that when I swapped the BDDVD drive (Panasonic UJ-210) Into my older Sony VAIO VGN-FS315S no problems the drive showed up device manger I could burn dvds, watch dvds but not blue ray disks (Graphics chip not up to spec but could explore BD disk). Swaped operating system from Windows XP to Vista everything seems be ok with disk drive.
Panasonic UJ-840 > UJ-210
When I swapped drives into my newer Sony VAIO VGN-FW11E nothing in device manger. I also inserted the reboot Vista operating software and restarted computer. The drive powers up like it should but the computer boots up login screen like normal. I also done the same thing using the original DVD drive out of my Sony VAIO VGN-FS315S still nothing happens.
Panasonic UJ-870 > UJ-210, UJ-840
I wonder is this a Bios problem. I have up dated the UJ-210 firmware off sony support (1.05).
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Did you change the boot order back to CD/DVD drive first? My experience is once you change a device with a different type it will be dropped from the boot order in the bios sometimes.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Riddler100

My Bios states

Boot configuration

External device boot: Disabled
Network boot : Disabled

Boot priority

Select 1st boot priority - Internal optical disc drive
Select 2nd boot priority - Internal hard disk drive
Select 3rd boot priority - External device

So things seem to be in the correct order
Just swapped disk drive UJ 870 into my older laptop seems to be in good working order. What I did notice is that when I swapped drives and powered up laptop a black blank screen comes up with a flashing " _ "
and then sates configuring boot up drive this massage stayed up for about 10s disappeared and Vista booted up like normal.