Dell Inspiron N5010 AMI Bios Recovery

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
sigma788
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,I was performing a BIOS update on Dell Inspiron N5010(using Win7 64bit) to Latest bios version A10 when the
laptop became inactive plus the fan started to run at full speed. i could not even switch off the machine by pressing the power button. At the end i had to pull out AC cord and BAttery.Now the its dead
(No activity at all).

After searching around i found that there is some bios recovery solution.
the solution was taking Phoenix Bios But mine Is American AMI(i read the word american on top left corner of bios menu screen before flashing).

The bios i used was A10
http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/N5010A10.EXE

after spending some time i was able to extract n5010a10.hdr and n5010a10.rom file from the bios exe File using the following switch
C:\>N5010A06.exe /writeromfile
C:\>N5010A06.exe /Writehdrfile

here are the 2 files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r6a36mduwjcoiu0
Now i am stuck. I don't know to follow any procedure for AMI Bios.
I don't want to create more mess.
Plz Help.
Jared

I have not believe dell company. :D
Techie007

Had this happen to a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop during a routine BIOS upgrade from A09 to A15. Once you have the two BIOS files (ROM and HDR), you need to initiate recovery mode. Yes, I am aware that this thread is 6 years old, but am posting anyway to increase the chances of someone else finding the help they needed. It took a lot of digging on the web to find the solution.

Anyway, to initiate BIOS recovery mode on the Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, do the following:
  1. Format a USB flash drive to FAT (not FAT32), and place the two BIOS files on it.
  2. Remove the battery and disconnect power from the laptop.
  3. Plug your USB flash drive with the BIOS files into the laptop.
  4. Hold down the [End] key, and plug the power back in. The laptop should automatically power on.
  5. You should notice it's no longer beeping. After a couple seconds, the BIOS recovery screen should appear. Follow the prompts to reflash the BIOS.
Many thanks to DominosX on the Dell forums for posting the original procedure.
Mabs1984

Hola Amigo tengo el mismo problema y no puedo sacar los archivos y en el enlace esta roto de mediafire