Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
#59911 by tommcat1208
Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 am
I have a Compaq Presario f768wm notebook, flashed the bios and when I turned it on I had no video and wasn't booting to the os. I assumed that the bios didn't flash like it should have. The original bios was F05 and was updating to F0A. There are 3 updates behind the F0A (F06 F07 F08) that I could have used but went straight to F0A current update. I tried making a autoexec.bat file with awdflash.exe as where I read about how to do this somewhere and put F05.BIN to flash back to the original but I don't know if I got the switches right. This is what I put in the file: awdflash 30eaf05.bin /PY /SN /E /R /CC /CP /CD
I made a boot usb drive, added awdflash899.exe but renamed it without 899, added 30EAF05.wph and renamed it to .bin added switches.
Put the drive in the PC and pressed Win+B and power for 3 sec. which is a nice thing about HP notebooks. It boots to the drive and does nothing. I pluged it into another PC to see what it shows and the dialog box come up with a curser flashing to the bottom right of a dialog box with no error message and sets there. I'm sure I got the right file from HP site.

Can anybody help?

Thanks Tom