I have a 5 year old 600e p2 366 laptop that has been great till now. I had spilled a drink on the unit while not powered up and the next day error codes 191 came up. I changed the cmos battery and a techie said the mboard was dead as he could not get past the bios screen to do any work on the unit.
I read somewhere that the bios has to be flashed before the mboard will recognize the new battery ?? I dont really know much on tech stuff.
Any help would be great. The error code 191 I cannot find anywhere. Is the mboard dead or can I flash the bios somehow? Thanks