Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
#57971 by O negative
Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 pm
I can't get into the BIOS setup utility using F2. I've tried holding it down and pressing it briefly. I've also tried pressing it while holding down the FN key. If I wait a couple seconds after the Toshiba screen comes up and then tap F2 I will get the Windows Boot Manager (not the BIOS). If I do either of the other two things the Toshiba screen freezes and after a few minutes it times out and the machine shuts down. If I don't touch any keys it goes on to try to boot Vista.

I've also tried esc, del, and the other function keys. Almost all of them get me to the Windows Boot Manager either by tapping or holding down. The F2 key is unusual in that I can hold it down forever without the keyboard loading up and beeping, but it still responds if I just tap it. (It just goes to the wrong place)

The instructions on the screen say F2 for setup utility and F12 for Boot Manager. Sometimes F12 causes a freeze and then shutdown.

I've also tried TSETUP from command prompt C:\ and C:\TOSHIBA\ and it does not recognize the command. (This was suggested in another post on this forum.)

Any ideas what's wrong? Any other ways to get to the setup utility?

Thanks!