Update Tecra 700 CT bios 5.0-->5.6 Hell!!!! So I can use

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
forme3d
New visitors - please read the rules.

5.6 Hell!!!! So I can use -->

i have an old Tecra 700 ct with the 5.0 bios and I want to install Win 98. Toshiba says I must update the bios to 5.6 (in order take advantage of plug N play). Fine. I get the files and copy them to a 1.4MB disk restart the Tecra and press F12 to enter the update mode and the screen says insert disk with update and press any key to start the process...yadayada...I press a key ...it beeps and nothing happens....press another key....beeps again and nothing happens. Yes. the floppy works as I have tested it on many floppies today and on other disks with the update on them.....So any suggestions at this point!!!! It has taken me 2 days to get to this point. I had to go to the UK Toshiba sight for most "complete" instructions!!! What a pain!!!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

When you insert the diskette does it read it ?
Do you have to rename the update file to something standard ? i.e. for AMI boot recovery it might come as "090397a.ROM" and have to be renamed to "AMIBIOS.ROM" - I don't know what Toshiba may do.
forme3d
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for replying......

When I insert the disk into the external floppy it definately engages the floppy, but following the instructions it says to press any key to start the process.........I press the key, a beep is heard and the floppy is not read.There is no light on the external floppy so I don't know if it is being read. It does not "sound" like it. But I don't know why it won't start reading data off the disk after I press "any" button.