2A69KG0DC-00: Gigabyte GA-6BXC

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
cmk
BIOS Newbie

Having checked the bootup screen against the information on here the board I have is the one in the title. Basically here's the story.

Hard disk reporting possible physical errors so I've bought a new one. Bios too old for the 80gb Maxtor ATA/133 HDD I got. Went to the Gigabyte site and did a search on th4e GA-6BXC and got http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Sup ... A-6BXC.htm.

I downloaded the latest bios and used the flash utility from http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Fil ... a_bios.htm.

My MB is now not working. Luckily I had this machine around so swapped the HD and video card over and, after a few hours of problems, am now on the net again but not sure as to how long.

I need the other machine to run a hard disk so I can reinstall my system and files to the new one and compare before the one with possible faults decides to give up.

Any hope with the recovery will be seriously appreciated.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

No reaction at all from the 6BXC or is it beeping and seeking for a floppy ?
Tried to clear CMOS ?
Any error message from flashprog ?
cmk
BIOS Newbie

No reaction at all. I've tried clearing the CMOS but there's no change. All that happens is the fan goes round on the processor.

One thing about the CMOS. When switching the jumper over to clear it do the machine have to then be switched on or will it clear purely by conneting those pins and the power from the battery?

Thanks for any help.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Remove power from your PSU - then press the power button on your case to unload the PSU capacitors
Then move the Clear CMOS jumper into CLEAR position for ~10 seconds

If your mainboard still does not work you'll need to do a Hot-Swap reprogramming or use a reprogramming service