Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
ekimarcher
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a AMD Duron 1.2 Ghz
GA-7KVML Motherboard
~350Mb of RAM
40Gb HDD
AMI Bios
and a dead machene. I was reloading this computer for my buddy and when I wen to flash the bios because it was soo old I wnet onto the internet with my other computer and I get about 3 different copies of the instructions for flshing the BIOS. I followed then flawlessly. Everything went perfect. but the when it told me to reboot I did and it never came back it just went to a black screen and then the signal from the computer cut out. Now everythime I go to try to boot ti up all it does is starts the CD and looks at the HDD I think and then just sits there making a lot of noise but not doing anything. I have checked the HDD and the CD and the Floppy and they are all working fine.

what do I do ?????? help me pleese[/quote]
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Does the floppy light stay lit? Does it seem like it's trying to look for something?
ekimarcher

no the floppy doesn't even come on
ekimarcher

I got my backed up BIOS and renamed it to AMIBOOT.ROM and then put it in the floppy drive and the restarted the computer. Waited five min. but nothing happened. It didn’t even go and look at the floppy. I tried the same thing while holding down the control and home buttons but nothing happened. Then I tested my CR2032 computer battery to make sure it was ok, it is at 3.2 VDC.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did you clear the CMOS ?
ekimarcher

yes I took the battery out for at least 20 min
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Did you unplug the system when you removed the battery? This has to be done on most ATX systems.
ekimarcher

no i diddn't do that but i just got the mobo replaced thanks for all of your help but I'll keep that in mind next time