Download VGA BIOS of Sis 6326 PCI VGA CARD

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
bnb
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Sis 6326 PCI VGA CARD & want to save the BIOS to a ROM File as it contains a lock. Also how can I edit / View the ROM File & convert it for using the lock to another VGA CARD with Flashable ROM.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

IIRC, the latest downloadable drivers for that card from SIS' site include the VGA ROM file.
bnb

I have the ROM File from the Sis Site. But I want to Download the VGA BIOS ROM on the card as it has some kind of encrypted lock for a software & then store it safely, incase this card is damaged I can use another one & keep it running.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I've always used this app:

http://web.archive.org/web/200102231041 ... vebios.com

It's a DOS program, but will work in a FULL-SCREEN DOS box within ANY Windows version. It'll create a VIDBIOS.BIN file with your VGA BIOS.
bnb

thanx,

I have downloaded the EXE & got the BIN file of my VGA CARD. Now how do I flash the BIN file on BIOS ROM of some other Sis Card.
Also, Sis has provided a ROM file for the BIOS of this card. so is it okay if I flash a BIN file. Are they same? ( BIN & ROM Files )
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Simply rename .bin to .rom or vice-versa. The contents are identical.

Regarding your VGA card, the problem is I've never seen any SiS 6326 with a Flash EEPROM. Most of my older SiS cards required physical replacement of the EPROM with another one I usually had a shop program for me.
bnb

I have downloaded the EXE & got the BIN file of my VGA CARD.
On comparing the ROM file from the site & the BIN I flashed from my card in a HEX Editor, I found it strange -

The ROM file had different characters / numbers in 2nd & 3rd Column
While the flashed BIN file had just FFFF in the 2nd column & ........ in the Last column

Also, HOW DO I FLASH the BIN file on FLASHABLE VGA BIOS ROM of some other Sis Card.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Either look for a SiS VGA flasher, or try Uniflash, which I believe has some sort of VGA flashing support.
bnb

I have got the ROM / BIN file. But how can I read / edit the files. I tried one of the HEX Programs but could not understand. My aim is to transfer particular part / instructions of the BIOS to another Card BIOS with FLASHABLE ROM
billyjhnson

ajzchips wrote:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:29 pm

It's a DOS program, but will work in a FULL-SCREEN DOS box within ANY Windows version. It'll create a VIDBIOS.BIN file with your VGA BIOS.
Sorry I think this up link is not working because it is an old thread or there is no such thing anymore.
Because as soon as I click on the link the link takes me to another site where there is no mention of this app.
Is there an alternative to this app that can be used now?
billyjhnson

billyjhnson wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:04 pm
ajzchips wrote:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:29 pm

Sorry I think this up link is not working because it is an old thread or there is no such thing anymore.
Because as soon as I click on the link the link takes me to another site where there is no mention of this app.
Is there an alternative to this app that can be used now?
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The problem was not in the link but in my browser, which is why I was having this problem.