Lost Completely

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Greenhighlander
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am trying to find any sign of which bios flash utility to download but can't even find any mention of my board. I know it's made by Hsing Tech which is pcchips but cant find any help on either manu's web site. Also tried American Megatrends, again no joy.

BIOS Manufacturer : American Megatrends
Release 11/20/1997s
BIOS ID : 51-1120-001437-00111111-071595-TXProII
BIOS Date : 07/15/95
BIOS OEM Signon :
BIOS ROM Size : Unknown
Chipset : SiS5597 rev 2
Super I/O Chip : UMC/ITE 8669 found at port 108h

Can anyone tell me which Bios Flash Utility to download for this board and where to get it?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

PC Chips - identify it at PC Chips Lottery http://go.to/th2 in the DON'T KNOW section on the left.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Greenhighlander

Thanks Rainbow, but the problem is that pcchips don't know section, doesn't know either. I did try that first, but the many boards, although similar, none have a bios release date of 11/20/1997s or the bios I.D. of 001437 so I'm still left wondering which board my now defunct manufacturer put into my pc and even Hsing Tech don't seem able to identify it.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Try identifying it ONLY by the chipset, and then compare the several pictures you'll be presented.
Hardware Junkie
Mobo-Fu Master

Here are two Google presented me with:

M567

M571
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier
xiaonian
Master Flasher

Greenhighlander

All you guys are brilliant, I now know the board is a Model 567 eh! I just got done looking at the Hsing Tech site and............well I cant see M567 listed there????? any thoughts gentlemen? ( I will flash this troublesome board) or so I keep telling myself!!
Greenhighlander

I was just looking at those pictures of Motherboards by Mobo fu master and according to the manual I have for my board it's more akin to the M571, the little long chip with the gold label in the top left corner isn't there on my board it's down bottom left corner as on the M571 so........ that probably means mine is an M571 but on the other hand my ID number definately comes up as M567 so which is it?????????????????
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

If it physically looks like the M571, I'd go with the M571 BIOS. Fortunately I have a spare motherboard I can re-flash the BIOS ROM in if it turns out I was wrong. Do you ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

What version number can you read on the corner of the motherboard, next to the keyboard connector?
If it's 3.0, 3.2, 3.2A, or 7.0, then it's most likely an M571.
zonxar
Master Flasher

Also, the M567 has 4 ISA and 3 PCI slots, whereas the M571 has 3 ISA and 4 PCI slots. What does your board have?
Greenhighlander

Hi Guys, as I said before you are all great, I now know it's positively without question an M571 motherboard. It has V3.2 on the board as described in AJZChips last post and I checked the ISA and PCI ports and guess what 3 ISA and 4 PCI so that does it for me and thanks to Zonxar our Canadian friend for that bit of help. So this is it guys, if you don't hear from me for a while you will know I screwed up my mobo flashing it, oh! and if anyone needs help beating the living daylights out of their useless PC I can HELP! honest!
th
Legacy means reliability

The only difference between a M567 and a M571 V3.2 is, that the outermost ISA-slot got replaced by an onboard ISA-Soundchip, which does look like a plugged ISA-PnP Soundcard (into that missing slot :) ) to the Bios and any OS.

Bye
Thomas
286-16/NEAT Chipset/4 MB Mem/40 MB HDD/512kB Tridet/WfW
Greenhighlander

Well I did it and broke it! the PC now just sits there beeping and won't do anything except frustrate me. Do any of you kind genlemen know if there is anyway of recovering my bios which was only partly flashed. the monitor doesn't come out of standby but the pc does seem to try to read the floppy drive and the cd rom drive? If not I am Going to throw the whole damned thing in the Salmon loch in front of my house and buy a new one!!! I have borrowed a friends laptop to be able to communicate with the web and collect my e-mail but only online for a few days so urgent help needed. Thanks in advance. Iain
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Read the FAQ at the main page here and use the AMIBOOT.ROM method.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere