Bios update goes perfect .. when I boot old bios still there

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
nazfrank
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've got a 2003 FIC desktop slimline with a VC35 motherboard with Award bios (iee41). This is the BIOS that was originally installed. I went to update for Northwood support (I'm running a 1.8 Celeron now) and I followed all the instructions to a T. The Award flash utility (from FIC) goes through the steps, the white blocks fill in section by section, the screen says flash complete, remove floppy and press F1. I do this and the computer reboots but the screen says that I still have the old BIOS version (iee41) instead of the newer (iee44).
I've done this several times and still no update. What could I be doing wrong?? The flash utility says that I have done everything right. I'm at a loss on this. Any suggestions? Thank you... Frank
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You are using the flash814?
ftp://ftp.fica.com/BIOS/motherboards/flash/award

You have got a rev 1.2 PCB? Else you will need to use the iee43 version of the bios
ftp://ftp.fica.com/BIOS/motherboards/socket478/vc35
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
nazfrank
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thank you for the reply, You were right on the money. The revision 44 was for a 1.2 version of the motherboard and I did look but couldn't find any revision number on the board. I was able to flash the BIOS with iee43.bin and she worked perfectly first time. As usual .. operator error !! I knew that it had to be something I was doing wrong. Once again, thank you for your reply .... Frank
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You're welcome.

Been there, done that (although on a different board/machine) hence I knew it could be this, there was room for error...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...