VT/Vanderpool on MSI PR620

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
ariendj
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi all!

I have the following problem with my MSI PR620 notebook: The Chipset/CPU both support Intel Virtualisation Technology but some smart person at MSI decided to turn VT off in the BIOS and not tell the customers about it. It is not possible to enable VT at all in the BIOS. CTRL-ALT-INSERT doesn't bring up any VT either.

If I didn't like the notebook as much as I do I'd have gotten a refund weeks ago, I'm very happy with it aside from the VT issue though. Still, no VT is a biggie.

The PR620 has an AMIBIOS. I tried my luck with AMIBCP but loading the BIOS ROM crashes AMIBCP every single time. I tried many different versions up to 3.14 and even the DOS variant but no luck, I can't ever load or edit the ROM image - AMIBCP just crashes.

Is there anyone here who can give me a hint in the right direction? Do I need to get Visual eBios? If I do, where from? Or would I just be running into more trouble? Is there a company you would recommend that could help me with this issue? It's getting to the point where I'd rather spend a buck or two than not be productive with VT. I need virtualisation BAD! ;-)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The Chipset/CPU both support Intel Virtualisation Technology
are you sure of that?

If so, I have seen some sort of pre-boot patch somewhere for linux, not sure if it is there for windows already and even more unsure if it is also for laptops.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ariendj
New visitors - please read the rules.

are you sure of that?
Absolutely positively sure. This whole VT thing has been keeping me busy for some days already, I've done the research. I also have confirmation of VT-capability from the laptop company I bought it from (not MSI - this local company just used an MSI PR620 barebone). The components are also very common because of Intel's vPro and Centrino Duo.
I have seen some sort of pre-boot patch somewhere for linux,
Now that would really make my day. Do you or does anyone else have more details?
not sure if it is there for windows already and even more unsure if it is also for laptops.
I use Linux as my main OS. Windows would be confined to run in a virtual machine, so that's fine. The laptop uses the same hardware you find in desktop PCs, the laptop versions are just optimized to produce less heat. 965GM (my chipset) is just a "cool" 965G. I'm willing to experiment :)