HP dv9627cl system board

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
zero
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on why HP notebooks seem to have basic BIOS features disabled and if there's anyway to enable those features
1234s282
New visitors - please read the rules.

Major Oems such as HP Dell Acer etc block the basic options in the bios. They do this to save themselves money. If they left these options unlocked and people started messing about with them , the manufacturer would have a lot more work to do if people broke their computers. They would all have to be returned and they would have to pay for tech people to sort it all out etc. Becfause they are aiming on getting a owrking system for lots and lots of people they release their boards with so called"Crippled" bioses.

As for unlocking them , if its an Award bios , il happily have a dig around for you as its quite easy to unlock the hidden options. AMI or Phoenix bioses are out of the question as they are too hard to modify.

I took a look at the bios just now to see what i could do mate but sadly your machine has a Phoenix bios so i cant help you

Sorry About That

Regards

1234s282