|Recommended by Wim's BIOS...|
Note: Most of the tools listed below are flashers. A flasher is a program used to update the BIOS on your PC. To use it, you'll also need a BIOS data file (eg. the BIOS code itself) - specific for your motherboard/computer. A flasher comes in multiple flavours: you have DOS and Windows versions and flashers specific for a BIOS brand (AMI, Award, ...)
On Wim's BIOS you can find the bios update itself via your motherboard manufacturer. Alternatively and easier, you can also download BIOS Agent Plus, a (spyware/adware free) tool to identify your motherboard manufacturer (among other hardware information). Besides identifying your motherboard manufacturer it can also find the correct BIOS Update (if available) and offer a paid subscription option to the BIOS Agent Plus service where you'll get access to BIOS Updates and Driver Updates on between 1 to 10 PCs for 1 year.
- BIOS Agent scan: an easy tool to identify your motherboard manufacturer (and optionally order a BIOS update or drivers). Spyware/adware free
- UniFlash v1.x - a universal flasher tool with sources (Website in Russian language)
UniFlash is a free flash utility, that can flash a BIOS image on many motherboards. Check the website to see which motherboard chipsets are supported.
Award BIOS Flashers
With an Award BIOS Flasher (awdflash) you can flash an Award or Award/Phoenix BIOS from a DOS environment. We have collected a list of current and old Award Flashers on our Awdflash download section.
Old versions of the Award Flasher (eg. 5.00) should only be used with older Award BIOS Core versions (eg. 4.50, not 4.51 or 6.0). Newer versions generally add new commandline options and support for different brands of Flash chips.
In general, when you download a BIOS for your motherboard, the manufacturer will have included a matching Award Flasher version.
A Windows based Award WinFlash also exists to flash your BIOS from Windows.
AMI BIOS Flasher
- You can find AMI BIOS Flashers at your motherboard website. Generally when you download a BIOS for your motherboard, the manufacturer will have included a matching AMI Flasher version.
- Latest versions can be found here.
- AMIFlash v3.xx (+ how to use guide)
- DOS based Asus Flashers (AFlash, AFUDOS)
- ASUS Live Update v7.1.401: Windows tool to automatically identify your Asus motherboard, download the correct BIOS and Flash it.
The Flasher utilities are copyrighted by their respective owners.
New versions of the flashers generally only add support for new Flash ROM chips.
Still need help? Enter your keywords here!
(Examples: how to update your BIOS, how to identify your motherboard)