|Recommended by Wim's BIOS...|
Automatic BIOS update overview.
- Run the eSupport BIOS Agent scan. (adware/spyware free)
- Within a few minutes the free BIOSAgentPlus scan will identify your motherboard manufacturer and automatically find the correct BIOS Update (if available).
- When subscribing to the paid BIOS Agent Plus service you'll get access to BIOS Updates and Driver Updates on between 1 to 10 PCs for 1 year!
Manual BIOS update overview.
- Identify your motherboard manufacturer & model by looking up its BIOS ID (available for Award or AMI BIOS)
- Copy down your BIOS id string which appears at bootup EXACTLY!
- Compare your BIOS id string to the ones in our database to identify the manufacturer and model of your motherboard.
- Download the correct BIOS file from the manufacturer's home page via the BIOS Updates page.
- Download the appropriate flash program from the manufacturer's home page or the Utilities Page.
- Flash your BIOS.
- What is a (Flash) BIOS ?
- How can I determine what BIOS is on my PC and if there is an update?
- How do you determine if your system has a Flash Bios chip ?
- Do you really need a (Flash) BIOS upgrade ?
- How to buy a Flash BIOS upgrade online?
- Where can you download Flash BIOS upgrades ?
- How to identify your motherboard manufacturer ?
- How do you flash your BIOS ?
- How to create a bootable USB memory stick ?
- How to make a bootable CD-ROM?
- How to generate a boot disk for updating a BIOS ?
- How to get into your computer BIOS?
- What to do when the Award flasher reports Insufficient memory
- What can go wrong when flashing a BIOS?
- How to recover a corrupt BIOS ?
- What can you do if your BIOS is buggy and their is no update available ?
- Why aren't there no Flash BIOS on the Award or AMI site ?
- What are the definitions of PROM, EPROM, EPROM Burner?
- What does "The program file's part number does not match with your system" mean?
- My BIOS/Operating System doesn't recognize my 12GB/32GB/64GB/128GB hard disk
- How can you clear your BIOS with the DOS DEBUG command ?
- How to get around the BIOS password protection?
- How to solve the AMI BIOS Beep codes ?
- How to insert NCR SCSI BIOS v3.07 or 4.03 into your MRBIOS ?
- What about BIOS support for the year 2000 (Y2K BIOS support) ?
- Where can I download the Award and AMI Flashers ?
- How to flash an Intel AMI BIOS on an Intel OEM board ? (e.g. when you have BIOS 1.00.xx.CB0H and want to update to a 1.00.xx.CB0 BIOS)
- How to flash an Intel Phoenix BIOS on an Intel OEM board ?
- How can you change the EPA logo that is displayed at boot-up on Award BIOS based motherboards ?
- How do you get rid of IRQ Routing Table errors in Windows 95 98 ME?
- My motherboard (BIOS) is dead, and I can't get my floppy drive to work to do a boot-block flash.
- Why is there no option to enable USB in my BIOS setup?
- Why won't my Intel VX chipset based motherboard recognize xxMB DIMMS/SIMMS?
- My hard drive has a size of xxGB. Why is only xxGB reported?
- What is the BIOS doing during the bootup sequence?
- How do I identify a motherboard with a Phoenix BIOS?
- I flashed my VIA chipset based motherboard with the correct BIOS upgrade and it died. Why ?
- How to fix hangs on verifying dmi pool when booting up you PC?
Still need help? Enter your keywords here!
(Examples: how to update your BIOS, how to identify your motherboard)