You won't believe this...

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
dw134
New visitors - please read the rules.

I write programs in Access, and help my mates out with occasional probelms, virus infections, setting up printers and the like. Well I have a real dozy been dumped on me.

One of my mates workers flashed the bios of his laptop. He did not realise he was doing it, can't tell me where he got the bios from, doesn't know nothing. :?

The only reason I know the bios has been flashed is the floppy was still in the drive and has a file on it Upbios.exe.

I have never tried a Bios flash before, and in fact would not try it given a choice. But I figure, well it''s done now so... lets see if I can fix it.

The laptop still accesses the floppy drive. On start up the machine lights flash to indicate activity on the hard drive and the floppy. However, there is no video at all, so I do not know exactly what is happening.

So far I have contacted the supplier and requested a copy of the correct BIOS.

I was hoping someone might be kind enough to walk through this procedure of recovery with me, being a newbie to this end of the field it would be very helpful.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That depends very much on the make and model of the laptop in question, so you could make a start and provide that info at the very least.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
dw134
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you what make and model it is. The make is Highlander the model is an elante e400K.